The team around the minimal Linux distribution project has announced Tiny Core Linux 13.0. As expected, there are various updates and changes:
- The Linux kernel has been updated to 5.15.10
- glibc updated to 2.34
- gcc updated to 11.2.0
- binutils updated to 2.37
- e2fsprogs 1.46.4 updated
- util-linux 2.37.2
- busybox updated to 1.34.1
- 50-udev-default.rules: added media permissions
- select: “break” must be used in awk scripts
- filetool.sh: prevent bdantas from changing the timestamp of .filetool.lst without reason
- tce-update: if no waiver for “list” or “query” is given, the default of bdantas is used
- tc-config: move nodhcp static_ip earlier
The team also points out that some older versions of Firefox do not start under Tiny Core Linux 13.0.
Download Tiny Core Linux 13.0
You can download the 64-bit version of Tiny Core 13.0 here. There you can find the ISO files for CorePure and TinyCorePure. The latter is the minimal version plus the graphical user interface. The ISO file is just under 30 MByte in size.
Tiny Core Linux 13.0 (source:tinycorelinux.net)
The 32-bit versions can be found here. There is also a CorePlus ISO available. CorePlus is an installation image which new users or those who only have WLAN available and want to use a non-American keyboard layout should stick with The image contains the base system and installation tools, which offer the following options:
- Choice of 7 window managers
- WLAN support – many firmware files as well as ndiswrapper
- Support for non-US keyboards
- Remastering tools
The official announcement including the changelog can be found here.
Find out the best VPNs for Linux in 2022!
Discover more news here!