Watching the Premier League live can be expensive and streaming subscriptions can quickly add up. Even worse, in some countries you won’t even have any local streaming services broadcasting the Premier League matches. But don’t worry, you’re not out of options just yet!
We have a trick that lets you watch all Premier League matches (plus much more) for just £5 per month. The Indonesian streaming service Mola.tv offers a monthly streaming subscription for as little as 576,000 Rupiah (£29) per year . With Mola.tv you can live stream exciting sporting events such as the Premier League and Bundesliga (with English commentary) for a cheap price that doesn’t empty your pockets.
There is a catch though. Mola.tv is geo-blocked, meaning that it can only be accessed by those based within Indonesia. To have a chance to use Mola.tv you need a VPN to conceal your IP address and spoof your location. Keep reading to find out how to watch the Premier League for a cheap price using a VPN.
How to inexpensively watch the Premier League
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to get a Mola.tv subscription to watch the Premier League, Bundesliga, and much more for a small cost.
- Get a VPN with Servers in Indonesia
First, you need to be connected to an Indonesian VPN server, otherwise you cannot subscribe to Mola.tv. NordVPN* is a great option that we’ve tested! (Try it now with a 30-day money-back guarantee.)
- Install the VPN on your device
The good news is that NordVPN allows 6 simultaneous device connections and is available for all major OS: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS and Linux. Simply download and install the client on your preferred device(s).
- Connect to a server in Indonesia
Open NordVPN and connect to any server in Indonesia.
- Register at Mola.tv
It’s easier if you register first with the streaming service. Open the register page and create a profile. The website might ask to track your location and I would advise to block that.
- Subscribe to the sports package – Premier League / Bundesliga
For as little as £2.5 per month (576,000 Rupiah) you receive entertainment and sports package for a single user.
- Check for Early Bird and special offers
We have already bought the Early Bird offer for 1,152,000 Rupiah (about £57). This offer was just too good not to take!
Mola.tv will sometimes has special offers where you can save even more money.
- You can pay with credit card
We opted for the package that allows 4 users so we can share it with friends and family for just over £57 per year (Early Bird). But even the normal offer is only £77 which is still incredibly cheap.
The mobile number entered doesn’t have to be Indonesian so you can use any.
- Check your email
If the payment was successful, you’ll get an email.
- Package is activated
After you finished step 8 your package is active.
- Enjoy the Premier League for free (almost)!
Now you can stream the Premier League, Bundesliga and many other live sporting events. But remember, streaming is only possible if you have a good VPN that can bypass geo-blocking and has reliable servers in Indonesia.
Mola offers a feature called Match Replay. If you happen to miss a game, then you can watch it later in full length.
If you add up the subscription prices for both VPN and Mola.tv it’s under a fiver a month which is a terrific price, especially since a VPN gives you a lot more benefits, but we’ll get into that later.
Mola.tv also offers an Android app. It’s not the best, but it does the trick, so you can even watch the Premier League on the go.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Premier League?
Depending on your location, watching the Premier League live can be either very expensive or downright impossible. Many streaming services are abiding by censorship laws and licensing agreements, meaning they’re unable to broadcast certain content outside of their set region. This geo-blocking can be a real pain, we get it.
You, like other Premier League fans, just want to live stream and enjoy the event with little hassle. We think you should be able to do that without diving in your pocket to splash out on an expensive streaming subscription.
However, if you want to access websites such as Mola.tv then you’ll need to bypass their geo-blocking. Mola.tv is only available to those with an Indonesian IP address and users from other locations will promptly be blocked since this website also adheres to certain broadcasting agreements. So, if you want to watch events such as the Premier League or Bundesliga for an incredibly cheap price, then you need to spoof your location.
The only way to properly spoof your location and trick Mola.tv and other websites into thinking you’re somewhere you’re not is by using a VPN. A VPN will mask your IP address and replace it with a new one depending on which server you connect to. So if you connect to a server that’s based in Indonesia, then your IP address will appear to be Indonesian. This means you can freely access any content as if you’re really located in Indonesia and Mola.tv will be none the wiser.
Basically, a VPN is the only way to efficiently bypass geo-restrictions and give you plenty of cheap streaming service options when it comes to watching the Premier League.
Match replay feature – Mola.tv
Watching games live is great, but with Mola.tv you can also watch replays of any matches.
Of course, watching Premier League matches live is ideal. But that’s not always doable. If you happen to be busy during the game and you don’t want to see the results before catching up, then you can watch the highlights or replays on Mola.tv. The Match Replay feature means you don’t have to miss out on any Premier League matches, even if you’re elsewhere when they’re being live-streamed. Simply catch up and watch the replay whenever it’s convenient for you.
If you want to go a step further then you can even binge-watch a ton of matches all in the same day. No one is stopping you! And with Mola.tv there’s no limit to how much you can stream.
What’s even better is that this doesn’t just apply to the Premier League, but all sporting events that are available on the website. So if you’re a fan of the Bundesliga, for example, and want to watch the replays for that too, then the Match Replay feature will come in very handy!
More features of Mola.tv
Although Mola.tv is much cheaper than other streaming services, it doesn’t mean that it’s lacking any fantastic features needed to give you an enjoyable experience when watching your favourite content.
One terrific feature is that the video player can be adjusted to any quality. Many streaming services automatically set your quality to the best possible, but this isn’t always ideal for those with limited data or an unstable internet connection. So if you’re watching on your phone and want to save bandwidth, or you’re experiencing buffering and want a more stable stream, then you can switch to a lower quality on the Mola.tv video player.
Alternatively, if you want nothing but the best in your Premier League live stream (and you have a strong enough internet connection) then you can adjust the quality to crisp 1080p.
With a Mola.tv subscription you also have access to a range of movies, so you’ll never be short on things to watch whenever there’s a gap between Premier League matches.
The best VPNs for watching the Premier League
There are a few criteria that a VPN needs to meet for it to be a good option to stream the Premier League.
If you want to bypass geo-blocking to watch the Premier League and other sports through Mola.tv, then you need a VPN that has servers based in Indonesia.
A VPN’s server speeds also need to be fast enough for you to get a consistent connection so you can live stream without any lag. Ideally, for an enjoyable streaming experience, you need a VPN that is highly reliable with plenty of servers available all across the world.
The big question is: Which VPNs are the best for unblocking the Premier League on Mola.tv?
|Best overall VPN||NordVPN|
|Great Android client||Surfshark|
You don’t need to do the research yourself, as we’ve already done the hard work for you. We can guarantee that the following VPNs work – since we have watched the last seasons of Premier League and Bundesliga using both of the above options.
More advantages of VPNs
We’ve already established that VPNs are great for bypassing geo-restrictions and watching live content from anywhere. But there are actually plenty of other advantages of using a VPN. Whether it’s security, privacy, or freedom, VPNs can benefit you in many ways…
- Bypass censorship – In restrictive countries such as Egypt, Turkey, and China, certain news websites, apps, and social media platforms are blocked by the Government. Countries will impose censorship in order to restrict their citizen’s internet freedom in an attempt to further control them. As VPNs encrypt user data, users are able to bypass this censorship and have the freedom to access any website or app they want. Even better, VPNs make it impossible for any online activity to be traced so users can have peace of mind knowing that their actions online aren’t being spied on
- Protection when using public Wi-Fi / hotspots – The Internet is a very risky place as hackers are becoming increasingly advanced and will try anything to steal your data or inject malware into your devices. Public Wi-Fi networks and hotspots are especially dangerous since they don’t require any authentication for users to establish a connection. Hackers can easily intercept the connection between you and a public network and will therefore have access to any information you send across, which can include sensitive data such as credit card credentials. Since VPNs encrypt your data, it will be inaccessible to hackers who will be unable to steal your personal information, so you can stay protected even when connected to a public Wi-Fi network or hotspot.
- Online anonymity and privacy – Online privacy may seem like a thing of the past, but with a VPN it doesn’t have to be. If you want to browse the web completely anonymously then you need the protection of a VPN. VPNs encrypt and conceal your data so it’s out of reach of hackers, websites, and even your own ISP. Since a VPN redirects your traffic to one of its servers, websites that you visit won’t know your real IP address and therefore can’t identify you out of a crowd of users. This lets you browse the web in private whilst also reducing your digital footprint.
NordVPN – Best overall VPN
NordVPN is a reputable VPN that’s well-known for bypassing geo-blocks. This VPN worked flawlessly with Mola.tv so we watched the last season of the Premier League and Bundesliga in high-quality without any problems. This VPN also provides:
- 6 simultaneous connections – With just one subscription, you can protect and stream from up to 6 devices at the same time.
- Support for all major operating systems – NordVPN offers clients for Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux. Installation on router is also allowed.
- Add-ons for Chrome and Firefox – Browser add-ons are perfect for streaming the Premier League since you can connect one browser to an Indonesian server to stream from Mola.tv whilst the rest of your system is still connected to a local server.
- CyberSec – This feature works as an ad blocker that protects you from malware, phishing scams, and other online threats. CyberSec will block all unwanted auto-play and pop-up ads, so websites will load faster and you’ll save valuable mobile data.
- Support for torrenting – NordVPN also has special servers for torrenting.
- No-logs policy – NordVPN never stores information about your online activity and will not sell your data to third parties.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – You can try out NordVPN for 30 days and you’re not happy with the service then you can easily get your money back – simple and risk-free.
NordVPN is usually my first choice of VPN since it’s a jack of all trades. There are plenty of servers based in Indonesia, so you can watch Premier League live for a very cheap price whilst getting all the other useful benefits offered by NordVPN.
Surfshark – Ideal for Premier League
Surfshark is another great choice for watching the Premier League live and inexpensively. This VPN has one of the best Android clients that available with a special feature called geo-spoofing. When geo-spoofing is enabled, your GPS coordinates will be set to the location of the server you connect to. This feature is ideal for protecting you privacy and concealing your real location from third-parties. You don’t need it for Mola.tv and watching Premier League or Bundesliga, but it might be handy for other services. Surfshark provides a range of other features including:
- Unlimited simultaneous connections – Surfshark generously allows users to connect as many devices as they want at the same time, all under one subscription.
- Support for major operating systems – Although this VPN has an outstanding Android client, it also offers great clients for Windows, iOS, macOS and Linux. You are also able to use it on a router.
- Add-ons for Firefox and Chrome – This is a fast and convenient way to use a VPN without needing to install the desktop app. When using an add-on any data that travels to and from your browser will be encrypted and rerouted through the VPN server, whilst the rest of your system remains untouched.
- CleanWeb – This feature is Surfshark’s ad and malware blocker. With CleanWeb you can block pop-up and banner ads before they even load, saving you mobile data and boosting the load speed of web pages. This feature also helps you minimalize malware risks and avoid scams such as phishing attempts.
- Torrenting support – With Surfshark you ‘re able to torrent media too.
- No-logs policy – Surfshark does not store any user logs so your identity is safe and your privacy is respected.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – In case you don’t like Surfshark after trying it out for a few weeks, you can get your money back. You can try out this VPN completely risk free.
It’s easy and enjoyable to watch Premier League live using Surfshark. This VPN’s servers are fast and reliable so you can swiftly bypass geo-restrictions and gain unlimited access to all Mola.tv content.
FAQ about watching Premier League / Bundesliga / Mola.tv
Yes – With Mola.tv you can watch all Premier League games. Plus you can even watch the replays if you by chance miss the live stream. If you wanted to you can stream one game live and watch the others via the Replay Match feature.
There’s always a chance that a server is flagged as a VPN by the website that will then block your connection. Try connecting to a different VPN server.
You can. All games are covered by the replay match feature.
If you want to use Mola.tv for a cheap sports package then you need a VPN (unless you’re in Indonesia.) This is due to geo-blocking, since without a VPN, your IP address is fully visible to any website you visit.
All VPNs slow the internet connection down slightly. This is because your traffic has to travel further to reach the server. However, the best VPNs (such as NordVPN and Surfshark) deliver fast enough speeds that you’ll barely notice a difference and will still be able to stream content in HD.
Probably not. Free VPNs have too many restrictions and might not have any servers based in Indonesia. With free VPNs you’re usually limited to a certain number of MB each day, which can quickly run out if you regularly stream.
That depends on your country. You may be violating the terms and conditions of Mola.tv by using a VPN, but we can’t confirm nor deny that. Also, in some countries it might be illegal to use VPNs. But to be absolutely sure check the legal situation in your own country.