Lost Ark is a free-to-play MMO action RPG that takes place in the vast fantasy world of Arkesia. This game was originally released in late 2019 in South Korea but has expanded to North America, Latin America, and Europe in February of this year. Within just 24 hours, Lost Ark became the second most played game on Steam, accumulating over 1.3 million players.
Since the game’s expansion and significantly increased player base, players are being met with long queue times on their local servers. Additionally, Lost Ark, among other online games, is highly vulnerable to cyber threats such as DDoS attacks. To avoid long queues and stay protected against cyber threats, Lost Ark players can use a VPN (virtual private network).
With a VPN, you can mask your IP address and connect to servers in other regions and stay hidden from cybercriminals. Not sure which VPN to choose? We’ve researched the top providers to narrow them down to just three of the very best based on factors such as speed, security, server range, and support. So, let’s learn more about the best VPNs for Lost Ark in 2022!
Best VPNs for Lost Ark quick guide
- NordVPN – Best overall choice
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly
- ProtonVPN – Top-notch privacy
Try out NordVPN* for Lost Ark now!
Try out NordVPN* for Lost Ark now!
What to look for in a VPN for Lost Ark
If you want to get out the most from your VPN but don’t know where to start when it comes to choosing a provider, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of the top criteria that need to be considered when deciding on a VPN for Lost Ark –
- Speed – When using a VPN for an online game such as Lost Ark, speed is the most crucial factor. Slow connection speeds can lead to increased latency, lag, and other annoying in-game interruptions. You may have already heard or read that all VPNs slow down internet speeds. Although technically true, since user traffic has to travel further to reach the VPN server, this speed reduction is so minimal that many users won’t even notice a difference. Furthermore, some VPNs perform much better than others and can guarantee high-quality security and privacy without compromising on speed.
- Servers – Choosing a provider that has a wide range of servers is incredibly important. Ideally, your VPN should have thousands of servers based all around the world, so you can connect to any region in Lost Ark. Due to its fast-expanding player base, Lost Ark servers are completely full, with many users being forced to wait in long queues to enter the game.
If you’re in central Europe, for example, and you don’t want to wait around in these queues, then you can use a VPN to spoof your location and connect to another region’s server. For this, your VPN needs to have enough servers in different regions for you to choose from. When a provider has a small selection of servers, then each one is more likely to become overloaded, leading to various connection issues such as packet loss.
- Security – It’s absolutely vital that your VPN provider has robust security, especially if you’re gaming online. Distributed Denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks can happen to anyone and lead to overloaded servers, hijacked game updates, and a distribution of bots. To protect yourself against DDoS attacks and other online threats, including malware, adware, and ransomware, you need a VPN that secures user data with military-grade encryption.
Another security tool you should look out for when choosing a VPN for Lost Ark is a kill switch. This tool will automatically cut your device’s connection to the internet if it detects an interruption. This ensures that if your VPN connection suddenly drops, then you won’t have your IP address accidentally exposed and vulnerable to cyberattacks. Other key security features that your chosen VPN should provide include dedicated IP, obfuscated servers, and a built-in ad-blocker.
- Support – Sometimes you might run into an issue with your VPN. If this is the case, then you’ll want a provider that has a 24/7 customer support team at hand. Depending on your location, an issue can pop up at any time. So, having an around-the-clock support team to contact is crucial, as you don’t want to be missing out on any valuable gaming time. Additionally, your chosen VPN should have a comprehensive knowledge base that’s packed with helpful guides, tutorials, and tips to help you use your VPN to its maximum potential.
Our top recommended VPNs for Lost Ark in 2022
With the above criteria in mind, we’ve hunted down the best VPNs for Lost Ark, so you don’t have to! Each of our recommended VPNs has a wide selection of servers, lightning-fast connection speeds, robust security, excellent support, and more. This makes them all fantastic providers for users who want to spoof their location and stay protected when playing Lost Ark. So, let’s dive into our top recommended VPNs for Lost Ark in 2022 –
NordVPN is one of the world’s leading providers and undoubtedly our top choice of VPN for Lost Ark. With a massive server range, top-notch security, and most importantly, super-fast connection speeds, NordVPN offers all you need and much more for playing Lost Ark online.
This VPN currently has over 5200 servers that span across 60 countries. This is an ideal amount, as with so many servers, you’re unlikely to connect to one that’s overloaded. With so many countries to choose from, you can spoof your location to queue in any region, regardless of your real location. These servers are also ultra-fast, so you won’t be experiencing any lag or high latency when playing Lost Ark.
You can also stay protected when gaming thanks to NordVPN’s military-grade AES-256 encryption, an encryption standard that is virtually uncrackable. This VPN also offers various other security measures including a kill switch, obfuscated servers, MFA, and dedicated IP. There’s also split tunnelling support, so you can queue in another region in Lost Ark whilst without it affecting any of your other online activities. NordVPN even has a Threat Protection feature that blocks intrusive ads and trackers.
NordVPN’s Windows client is intuitive and easy to use, so you’ll have no trouble connecting to one of their many available servers. If you run into any problems then you can get in touch with NordVPN’s helpful 24/7 customer support team. Alternatively, you can head to the knowledge base for informative articles, guides, and setup tutorials.
Try out NordVPN* with Lost Ark for free for 30 days with their money-back guarantee!
If you want to enjoy the many benefits of using a VPN but are on a tight budget, then look no further than Surfshark. This VPN offers cost-effective protection against common cyber threats whilst still providing exceptional connection speeds, which is why we highly recommend it for Lost Ark players. Even better, Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections so you can secure all your devices at the same time!
Surfshark has over 3200 servers spread across 65 countries, so you have tons of choices when switching regions to queue in. Although not as fast as NordVPN, Surfshark still performs amazingly due to its speed-optimised servers. You won’t be facing any interruptions when gaming, even when connected to Surfshark’s servers around the world.
With AES-256 encryption and a choice between several secure protocols, Surfshark has no problem protecting users from cybercriminals, DDoS attacks, and other threats. Additionally, this VPN offers a camouflage mode, a kill switch, and private DNS with leak protection. There’s even a NoBorders mode to help you use the VPN in restrictive countries, and a built-in ad-blocker to shield you from ads, trackers, and phishing attempts.
Surfshark’s friendly 24/7 customer support team are ready to help with any issues you might face, though you’re unlikely to have any problems with this VPN’s clean and user-friendly interface. You can also check out Surfshark’s help center for advice, tips, and guides. There are even some specific articles for gamers that explain how to make the most of this VPN when playing online games such as Lost Ark.
Try out Surfshark* with Lost Ark for free for 30 days with their money-back guarantee!
If privacy and security are your main concerns, then ProtonVPN may be exactly what you’re looking for. This VPN is headquartered in Switzerland, meaning that they are under no legal obligation to head over user data. Additionally, ProtonVPN is open-source and has a strict no-logs policy which is due to be audited sometime this year.
Aside from privacy, ProtonVPN has plenty on offer. Its secure core servers can be used to multi-hop, ensuring that your data stays out of the hands of attackers even if a single server has been compromised. All servers are protected by full disk encryption to secure them from man-in-the-middle attacks.
ProtonVPN also protects all traffic with AES-256 encryption and lets users choose between OpenVPN, IKEv2, and Wireguard VPN protocols. Users can additionally benefit from ProtonVPN’s built-in ad-blocker, NetShield. Other security features include a kill switch, built-in Tor support, and DNS leak protection.
ProtonVPN has over 1600 servers based in 63 countries, which is plenty for any users wanting to switch between regions when playing Lost Ark. This VPN ranks well when it comes to speed, but there is still room for some improvement. However, when playing online games, you probably won’t encounter any noticeable lag or high latency when using this VPN.
The ProtonVPN client is clean and accessible, so even beginners can swiftly connect to any server and secure their data. Regarding any issues or queries, there is a support form that can be filled out on the ProtonVPN website. Users can also find answers to common questions, tutorials, and other useful resources in the support center.
Try out ProtonVPN* with Lost Ark with their free VPN plan!